FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Fremont, CA — April 2, 2014 — 威而鋼 /www.biolytic.com/”>Biolytic Lab Performance Inc. is proud to announce the Dr. Oligo Synthesizer platform. With the unprecedented capability to complete a single run of 768 oligos in 4 hours*, the Dr. Oligo Synthesizer offers the fastest and most efficient high throughput DNA, RNA, oligonucleotide synthesis in the world**.
“As Biotechnology has developed over the years Biolytic has played a significant role in advancing the automation of oligo synthesis. Our main approach has been a focus on innovations which utilize lower quantities of reagent while maintaining a standard for producing high quality oligos,” said Tom Demmitt, President and Founder of Biolytic Lab Performance Inc. “We are proud to present the Dr. Oligo Synthesizer platform which continues on that tradition and we hope this will contribute significantly to lowering the cost of gene synthesis worldwide.”
World’s Fastest High Throughput Synthesis
Boasting a total of 23 amidite delivery systems with up to 19 capable of low volume, 192 oligos can be synthesized as 20 bases in as little as 2 hours. The overall synthesis time can be further cut by up to 35%*4 when enabling the double reagent dispensing option. This increases reagent delivery to up to 16 columns simultaneously allowing a 768 oligo synthesis run to be achieved in only 4 hours*.
Ultra Efficient in Reagent and Gas Consumption
Without sacrificing on the synthesis quality, the Dr. Oligo Synthesizer keeps operating costs down. A smaller gas chamber maintains up to an 80%*5reduction in gas spent while also taking considerably less time to pressurize. An additional bottle per reagent can be added to allow a bottle to run completely empty before being changed without having to re-prime the lines. Reagent flow rate through the synthesis media (columns) can be fine-tuned with up to three different pressure settings minimizing reagent consumption to achieve optimal synthesis. The optional low volume delivery system minimizes waste of expensive amidites by placing the valves and bottles on the nozzle plate thereby reducing the tubing for priming and delivery.
Key Features of the Dr. Oligo Synthesizer
Fastest High Throughput Synthesis
- 1 to 768 oligos synthesized in one run
- Synthesize 768 oligos in as low as 4 hours* and 192 oligos in 2 1/2 hours*6
- Three Pressure Levels — Fine tune reagent flow
- Two Bottles Per Reagent — Changing bottles without repriming lines
- Compact Gas Chamber — Up to an 80%*4 reduction in gas consumption
- Low Volume Delivery System — Minimizes waste of expensive amidites
Dr. Oligo 5.0 Software
- View synthesis information at any time during synthesis
- Start synthesis from any point
- Auto adjust reagent delivery according to scale of synthesis
- Powerful protocol editor
- Manual mode auto clean of nozzles
- Vary protocol based on cycle
- Intelligent automated reprime of amidite nozzles
- LABS management system compatible
Automated Synthesis and Media Flexibility
- Synthesize, cleave, deprotect**, desalt, and elute all on one instrument
- Designed to allow use of all available synthesis media systems
Superior Build Quality and Fully Upgradeable
- Black anodized aluminum frame provides a sturdy and durable foundation
- Power coated cart and HDPE liner prevents corrosion from harsh chemicals
- Open design allows for existing or future upgrades
* 12 minutes per cycle at 20 mers with double reagent dispensing option
** According to Biolytic research as of January 2014
*** A de-protection chemistry at room temperature is required and reagents used must be compatible with the synthesis media
*4For any synthesis run with over 192 oligos
*5 Over leading competitors
*6 7 minutes per cycle at 20 mers
About Biolytic Lab Performance Inc.
Biolytic® Lab Performance, Inc. designs, manufactures and sells the most advanced oligo synthesizers in the world. Founded in 1993 by four of the leading experts in the biotech instrument service industry, Biolytic continues to provide superior quality, innovative products and esteemed services that push the limits of research and technology.
Media Contact: Biolytic Lab Performance, Inc. – (510) 795-1142 – James Demmitt – media [at] biolytic [dot] com
For more information, please visit www.biolytic.com